The Software Recovery Tool can help you to reset and recover your phone software at home, if your phone is not responding, frozen, experiencing software related or software update problems.
- Important! Using the Software Recovery Tool will erase all content stored on your phone, including apps and games (along with app data and game progress), text messages, call history, music, photos and more. If possible, you should back up your phone first (Settings > backup). You will be able to restore a backup once the recovery is complete.
- Note: The recovery process may take some time depending on your internet connection speed, and you cannot use your phone during the installation. The latest approved version of the software in your phone and model will be installed.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or newer.
- USB cable to connect your phone to the computer.
- Minimum 4 GB free storage space.
Windows Device Recovery Tool (for Lumia phones, LG Lancet, HTC One, and HTC 8X phones running Windows Phone 8.0/8.1 or Windows 10)
- Download and install Windows Device Recovery Tool to your computer. If possible, make sure that your phone's battery is fully charged.
- When the installation has finished, start the application and the main screen will appear:
- If your phone is not automatically detected, disconnect all phones from your computer and press My phone was not detected at the bottom of the main screen.
- If prompted, select the phone manufacturer.
- Connect your phone to your computer with a compatible USB cable.
- Wait for your computer to detect the connected phone and follow the screen instructions. If the phone is not connected within one minute you can try to restart your phone: Keep USB connected, press and hold the Power and Volume down keys simultaneously. Release the pressed keys when phone vibrates.
- Press Install software to start installing the software to your phone.